Saturday, August 14, 2010

School Days, School Days, Good ole Golden Rule Days!

Another August has come and to me, it still means the same things as when I was a child. School Supplies, Getting ready to meet new people, and counting down the days till Christmas Break! Starting at the end of July, I begin getting ready for the inevitable. I usually always feel for weeks like I am ahead of the game, unfortunately, the day before school starts I instantly realize all the other things I have to do! I used to make my room look different every year but nowadays I seem to just add on to the things I really like. I love to use art in my classroom. It is so easy with History since so many moments have been rendered by famous artists. As I was hanging my "historical portraits" I realized that this might be the last year I set up my classroom at Page. Okay, to be truthful, it was more like, "how am I going to take these with me if I don't come back next year." But I digress. I think this will be a great year at Page. We have a new principal who seems like he will do a really good job. Ive had my students now for 2 days. The first day I thought that it was going to be a long year, if you know what I mean. But, the second day was MUCH better.

Here are some pictures of my room this year:
Welcome to Room C-4!


I always like these flags! I switch them out based on which battle we are covering.


I love my Republican/Democrat Clocks. They were a gift from a former student.


My Great-Great-Great- Grandmother's dress from the 1880's. That is her picture above the dress. The only thing scarier than her picture, is that all of us have her eyes!!!



The Parent-Teacher Store had owl bulletin board set that I "had" to have. I think it is mighty cute and I think all my ChiO gals would agree!!! :)


Some of the art I keep for use in the classroom. No, they aren't the originals. Shocking, I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.