Monday, January 10, 2011

Schoooool's out for Snow...

Maybe that is what Alice Cooper should change his famous song to, at least here in good ole Middle Tennessee. In my 31 years living here I wouldn't say that Nashville is well known for its snowfall or ability to drive in it. In fact, our noterity is probably more in the realm of the RIDICULOUS humidity we experience in the summer. Last winter, we had several large snowfalls, and when I say large, yes, I mean 3 inches or more! It was spectacular. However, I think that this winter might be one of the whitest yet! So far, we are one our second snow day of the school year and let me go ahead and be so bold as to throw out my snow prediction, we won't be in school tomorrow or Wednesday either. i mean we got 5-6 inches!!! The south shuts down when the snow rolls in. However, I am trying to enjoy it, Brasilia's temps never dip this cold which means snow and snow days for that matter. Last night when it rolled in I sat at my bedroom watching it thinking about how different my life will be in a year!! It is crazy but exciting.




Even Sophie got to play in the snow for a bit.

it looks like some people got out of the house today. As for me, Im enjoying the day from the inside of my house. I've cleaned, made hot chocolate, and probably will watch a movie. Of course the movie thing is another thing I should enjoy. Im pretty sure you can't rent movies through onDemand in Brasilia. So, Im gonna live it up here while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.