Sunday, April 22, 2012

Wedding Bells.

Growing up, my sister and I used to share a room. My Mom has always said some of her favorite memories were hearing us giggle through the wall from our bedroom to hers. When we were young there were moments where it was great, moments where it was a holy terror(when she would wear my clothes:) ) and moments where I just wanted to go to sleep. After we moved back to Nashville, we even became roomies in our first apartment. So, when my sister told me last fall she was gettin' hitched to her main squeeze, Tommy, or as I call him, TJ, I knew I would miss out on some her wedding festivities and this made me kind of sad. I mean you think about important events in peoples lives and the last thing you want is to not be there for the people who mean the most. So, I decided to surprise Neeley-Belle for her bridal shower. My parents, my sisters friend, Leslie Ann, and I all planned how to surprise Neeley. I told her I couldn't come because I needed to save the money for a flight next January, Leslie Anne, planned a whole day of events to keep her busy, and my parents made plans to meet them at a restaurant, Merre Bulles, in Nashville.
I was so glad my surprise went off without a hitch and I was able to surprise her. We spent the whole day finishing up her wedding plans and just hanging out. The next day, was Neeley's bridal shower. It was such a nice shower and it was great to see so many family and friends there to show Neeley how excited they are for her and her new life.
All and all, it was a long trip, but totally worth it. I am so glad that I got to spend such important events with my family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. Sadly, I feel like the guys here have better luck than the ladies when it comes to dating Brazilians. :( I have adjusted to the fact that I will be single for the next 2 years. haha! However, I think that is a BSB thing. Not a Brazil thing. You got lucky sister! I keep reading your blog expecting a birth announcement any day now. Can't wait to meet the little man!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.