For what felt like an eternity, I taught about the election, government, and the electoral college this past month. I was even interviewed by the local paper. In actuality, I taught all of this in about a week and a half, that being said, I was so ready for the election to kind of be over with.
I mean I can only rap the electoral college song so many times. And, I realized I had reached my limit when one afternoon at home, I found myself saying,
"so, if A gets 49% and B gets 51, then B gets all the electoral votes and A gets noooone."
It was a sign that the election needed to end, in a major way.
So, on election night the embassy here in town hosted a huge party. All the media was there, and so was yours truly. Everything was red, white, and blue, they had interactive activities, and everytime a states votes came in you could hear cheers or jeers.
I headed to tonights event with the Collins' fam. I basically felt like their
Some of my students got interviewed by the paper here in town. I was relieved they actually knew what it was they were talking about!
The US Ambassador spoke about the democratic process in the US and Brazil.
a little healthy competition...
Anderson Cooper was on to tell us how each state voted.
All the votes rolling in.
We had to leave about 11:30. Since we are 4 hours ahead when we went to bed that night, we had no idea who had won. It was a fun and different way to watch the election results come in. Don't get me wrong though, I am not in any hurry for the election of 2016...



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.