This year, the Easter bunny came in the form of my students, isn't that sweet. I had so many bring me candy I had to either freeze or give it away(Maria is getting a nice little Easter basket from me:) ). However, baskets aren't really the Brazilian thing to do. Instead, they get BIG chocolate eggs and when you break them open they have candy inside. It's kind of like a Hershey's bar and a piƱata had an Easter baby.
The stores fill up with these big eggs in January, and when I say fill up, I am not being dramatic. They actually hang them from the ceilings.
I took this on Saturday so it was pretty picked over.
It's like the Golden Egg from Willy Wanka.
Don't let these eggs fool you. They can be pretty pricey. They run from R$20 - R$80 depending on the candy. Although I am still a lover of Easter "baskets" I love chocolate even more and I will take it any ole way I can get it. Even if it is in the form of a giant egg.
A hot wheel? Dang, that egg must have been pricey! I did get a ferro roche egg which Im pretty stocked about!
ReplyDelete