Saturday, March 26, 2011

Nobody cooks like my Mama can cook!

I am consistently asked this question: What are you going to miss while you're in Brazil? And, don't you worry, I am working on a blog entry about it. But, I thought one of the things that I will miss while I am away, is worthy of its own post.

As you know from my previous entry, my sister is in town. Last night, we went and had dinner with Kay and Colonel(my grandparents) as well as my Mom and Dad. Mom and I decided we should have fried chicken. It is not something we have all that often, but man oh man, is it good! Mom uses Kay's recipe and it's a good ole fashion Southern recipe! It was delish! Even though I eat it maybe once per year, it is definitely something I will miss. Actually, I think in general, it is the more the ability to run over to Mom's house for dinner and let's be real, seeing them that I will miss. But, Im pretty sure if I were to find fried chicken in Brazil, it won't be as good as my Mama's!

Oh, for those of you who are interested, we also had corn puddin'. Yummy!


Y'all come back now, ya hear!
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.