Thursday, April 28, 2011

What I'm going to miss most.

One of the things I'm asked about by a lot of people is what I will miss the most. To be honest, this is also something I think about a lot. I am living under the philosophy that if it can be taken to Brazil, and I know I will miss it, it is getting packed. But, there are just somethings that you can't put in a suitcase.

I absolutely love Target, or as I like to call it, Target`. It is my favorite store. Mainly because you can get almost anything your heart could desire. Clothes- got it! Electronics- got that! Home decor- you betcha! Groceries - well I did say almost anything, they do have some though. It is a long standing joke in my family about my obsession. I know that about 2 weeks in, Im going to get a hanckering for something and will wish Brazil had a Target` I could run to.


Another thing I know that I'm going to miss are the seasons, especially the fall. I love the colors of the trees, the sound of leaves rustling and crushing beneath your feet. I always appreciate the changing of the seasons, Brasilia really only has one season, it just varies in terms of rainfall.


I'm excited about learning a new language. I think the idea of challenging yourself to do something like that is a wonderful (yet difficult) thing. It makes you a better person. However, I know that there will be a point where I will be desperate for people(outside of school) to speak English. I hope that when I come back at Christmas that I will be able to carry on at least small conversations but until I can I know I will miss the ability to converse easily with others.


And finally, and most importantly, I can live without Target, and seasons, and to be honest I can even live without my native tongue but these people are certainly the thing I will miss most. All I can say, is thank heavens for IChat, Facebook, e-mail, and airlines, hopefully, it will make the distance seem smaller.

Even though I will miss all of these things I have a world of excitement coming my way and I can't way to take it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.