As I mentioned in my previous post, probably the highlight of picking up my visa in Atlanta was getting to see my good friend Jessica. Not only did I get to see her but also her 2 year old, E, and her husband Bert; I also got to meet the sweetest little 8 week old I have ever had my hands on, baby C.
Jessica and I met almost 8 years ago, when we were both teachers at Page. She was the football cheerleading coach, while I was coaching the basketball cheerleaders. When I moved back to Nashville, I didn't know many people as I had lost touch with high school friends(I mean this was pre-facebook people). Jessica introduced me to her some of her friends and
before I knew it I was involved in book club, bunko, supper club and pretty much any club our organizer, Christy, could conjure up! As the years have grown, so has our friendship, whether it has been one of our clubs, bachelorette party weekends, weddings/wedding showers, or just hanging out, it is always fun. I love and admire Jessica in many ways. She is a kind and generous person who is open and honest and loves her friends and family. I'm lucky to be part of that group.
I got to Atlanta in the afternoon and was greeted by Jessica, E and C. E was so adorable. She was so excited. She showed me everything she can do now a days and even counted some of her numbers for me. She is getting to be a big girl. I also got to meet C. OH MY GOSH! She was just the most precious thing I had laid eyes on. She was so calm and mellow. I pretty much picked her up anytime her Momma put her down. Soon after I arrived in Atlanta a huge storm arrived too. What can I say, I bring only the best for my friends.
We had made plans with Melissa to go out to dinner while I was in town. It had been a while since I had seen her and I was so glad we were able to catch up before I leave. Anything you do with Melissa is always fun, she is a wonderful, warm, and happy person.
We fought the storms and headed to the old mill pub in Acworth. It was a really neat restaurant and the food was delish! The three of us talked about everything: Brazil, jobs, husbands, trips, family, funny stories, sad stories etc. It was the type of dinner that not only did we order dessert, they basically asked us to leave. All of this and the power went out twice!
Jessica, Me, and Melissa at Dinner. Sorry about the blurry picture. :)
The picture below is one I found when I got home of the three of us at Steeplechase many years ago.
We ended up staying up till midnight, which for two old broads like us, is pretty late! The next morning after eating breakfast, I said my good-byes and in true Katie fashion started to cry. It is hard to know that the next time I see them will be Christmas! Luckily for me, there is facebook, email, and Ichat!


I"m so glad we got to spend some time together. My girls love you and I love you!! I will miss you so much, but I'm so excited for your new adventure.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jess! I love you, the girls, and Bertram too!
ReplyDelete