Friday, June 10, 2011

To a deluxe apartment in the skyyyyy...



Life has been a little busy around here lately. Between finishing up my lists, moving my bedroom to the small guest bedroom, and the general day to day that is life, things have been busy, busy, busy.

However, one exciting thing that has happened is that I recieved my address in Brasilia. Now, being the super-slueth google stalker that I am, I decided to google my address and see what was out there. I assumed nothing, but to my surprise, there it was a full listing of my apartment complete with pictures. Those of you who know me would agree that I have, um, high standards. Well fear not, the apartment is beautiful and I am super excited. I'm going to hold off on pictures for now, so I can show you all when I get down there. But, I will show you a picture of the buildings exterior. So, here it is:


You may be wondering why the bottom floor is empty. In Brasilia, homes don't have air conditioning. As a southerner, I question this decision immensely. However, I also know that the weather there is different and the "AC" is not a necessity the way it is here. Because your windows are open at night, no one lives on the first floor for safety purposes. I'm on the third floor of the building.

On the moving front, I am pretty much finished getting all of my items for my new place. The other day I purchased my new bedding and today my new IPod Alarm clock arrived! I have a busy week ahead. On Wednesday, I am getting my yellow fever vaccine, Thursday I am heading to Atlanta to pick up my visa, visit with the Kelly girls, and grab supper with my friends Jessica and Melissa. Then to top it off, Friday Im heading to Indiana to spend the weekend with my friends Holly and Andy as well as their kiddos!! These busy weeks are really making the time I have left here fly by.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Now I know where I'll be staying when I come to visit you my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.