It has been a busy few weeks and just realized I hadn't updated the blog. February is a busy birthday month at EAB. We have had a wonderful time celebrating everyone's birthday and enjoying spending time outside of the EAB gates.
The first birthday of the month's was Erin, or as we call her, Hayes. For her brithday we all headed over to the local bowling alley, Striker. However, this bowling alley was tres chic. It had leather sofas, American music, and traditional bowling food. It is quite the popular to place to go. We left at 9pm on a Wendesday night and it was PACKED! Normally when I bowl, I use the kiddie bumpers cause when it comes to this "sport" I kind of...um...suck. However, tonight the bowling Gods were smiling on me. And although I did not get over 100, I had a strike, and the respectable score of 78.
On Valentine's we had three folks, Leah, Kristopher, and Pedro having birthdays(all in the picture to the left), so a joint get-together was held at a local german beer brewer. It was a very cool place and the best part, hands down, was that it was 80's/90's music night. We had a great time dancing and singing till very, very, very late at night.
Don't judge Leah, my American friends. This one piece outfit is actually very in style in Brazil. No, I'm not kidding.
I have no idea what was going on in this picture but I was obviously very excited about it. Thanks to Kevin and Heather for the picture.
Check out the lady on the left. We get looks like this a lot.
Got to love a good 80's cover band. Even if they sing in Portuguese.
Even though it was a great night, I will say it taught me two valuable lessons:
1. fog machines should not be allowed to go off every 2 minutes.
2. I am obviously not in college any more and getting in at 2 am is really something I cannot make a habit. Getting old kind of sucks. :(


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.