Sunday, August 5, 2012

Making Uncle Sam proud :)

Even though I am far from home, I am still doing my part to help out the American economy. I pay taxes, own a home, and when I come home, I shop to my hearts content. I've been pretty honest on this blog about my ability to shop. I'm really good at it. But, I really only shop twice a year. But, man when I come home and shop, I S-H-O-P! It feels like I pretty much buy something everyday. And with the Real to Dollar conversion kind of stinkin' for the US these days, it makes my shopping trips, shall we say...EXPENSIVE!

So, how much and what do I buy when I come home, you may ask. Well, here is a picture of some of the things I brought back with me.


There are so many random things that I brought back. Be it

Clothes

or

a new IPad

or

Salsa

or

Teen Magazines for two students who I adore

or

Flour Tortillas

or

Face Wash

or

Insect Repellent for the upcoming class trips

I bring a little bit of everything. Nothing is to silly, or cheap. Because when you don't have the luxury of getting it any time you want it or when you have the money. Sometimes, you just have to bite the bullet and buy it.

So, how much did this all weigh? Well, each bag weighed 70 pounds on the dot when I made it to the Delta ticket counter. Luckily, that is exactly what the weight limit is with Delta. Coincidence...I think not!!!






5 comments:

  1. Actually you can thank Brazil not Delta for the weight limit. Every company I've flown to and from Brazil has the same weight limit, usually buried in small print on their website because the standard limit for almost every other country is 23kg (50lbs?). I don't know this for a fact but I'm pretty sure it's due to some federal court order that mandated the weight limit to all companies operating in Brazil. And people say bureaucracy isn't good for anything... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a Brazilian law but I think with the price of tickets to Brazil being as high as they are I should get unlimited weight. haha! I scored a ticket for $1000USD the other day with Delta and thought I was going to explode with excitement!

      Delete
  2. I can only imagine how excited you are to go home. You are going to shop till ya drop! I've been meaning to tell you that it is good you got out of your building when you did. There is a wiring issue and we are having to move some of our teachers to different locations. Hope you are loving your new apartment!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie,
    If you have moment, I would love to get some insight from you in regards to your experience of teaching abroad. I'm currently working on my B.A. in secondary education - social studies as well and hoping to teach in Brazil in the future so I would really love to ask you a few questions.
    Our home bases aren't too far from each other, I live in Easley, South Carolina! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.