Today is my last (full) day in Brasilia. I am sitting at my computer and as I type this I can't believe that I am closing the door on an amazing adventure. Today, as I said good-bye to my kiddos, the people who I spend most of my time with, I realized, like I do every year,that I more than likely will never see most of them again, which is heart-breaking. However, like all adventures a new door is opening and its opening to a place I never really thought would happen, New York City.
When I decided to come home I also decided to cast a big net. I didn't know where I would end up, so I decided to really shoot for the moon and look into a city I've always dreamed of living, NYC. I applied to a few schools, and one bit back. We talked, we Skyped, and a few weeks later I've signed a contract to teach at their school!!!!! I am still in a little shock, and to be honest, I am starting to freak out a little bit. What if it doesn't work out? What if I hate it there? What if, What if, What if? I don't know what the future holds but I know I've opened a door and I want to give it a try.
So, here's to New York!
If I can make it there, I can make it...anywhere!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.