For the last few weeks, I have had a student teacher, Ms. Christian. She has been so wonderful and the kids have just adored her. We make comments about Brazil and moving all the time and for weeks nothing. They never said anything about it. Finally, we had a few biters. They asked me a couple of questions about why I would bother taking a Portugeuese class. A couple have asked about my moving containers, and why I'm laminating all my posters. The other day, she told me that she had a conversation with a kiddo that went something along the lines of this:
Kid: Ms. Christian, why is Ms. Osteen going through her stuff and packing?
Ms. Christian: Well you know that teachers have to pack things up before TCAP. It has to be down for the test.
Kid: Yeah, but most teachers dont separate their color pencils by color and clorox wipe them.
So, we have pretty much decided that they know something is going on. Not all of them but a couple are on to me. So, it is time to break the news.
I had really wanted to wait to tell the kids till after TCAP. I didn't want them to blow their TCAP because they knew I wasn't coming back. But, I started thinking about my honesty policy. What would the kids think if they found out from some other way than through me. That would be more hurtful to them and I dont want to leave with anyone thinking I was ever dishonest.
So it is time to tell them that I won't be back. More than likely I will do this on Wednesday/Thursday. But, in true "Katie" fashion, I want to make it a little bit dramatic. A little bit fun. So, I decided to make a contest out of it. I've put together some images of Brazil with the question "What do these images have to do with Ms. Osteen" I am sure I will do something fun to spice it up. You know, the winner gets a frappacino or something.

Here is a copy of the clue I am going to give them. I really hope they like it!!!!
WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.