Tuesday, March 22, 2011

4 down, 4 to go!

Well today marks a milestone for me. Back in December when I was offered my job, I knew it was 8 months before I would move. However, I used to comment when it gets to March, then I will be on the downhill stretch. Well, today marks my 4 month countdown. 4 months from today. I will be arriving in Brasilia. Im a mix of emotions about it. The past week, it has really kind of hit me hard. I have days where Im over the moon excited and days where Im scared to death!!!

Here are some updates or accomplished lately:
1. I received and returned my Brazilian labor contract!
2. I finished my Portuguese class. Still not an expert, but feel more confident.
3. The school set me up with a school email account.
4. The school is working on assigning apartments. They had to double check on Soph so they made sure to put me in one that was "pet friendly."
5. My classroom is almost packed up!!!!
6. I was able to get a lot of things packed up over Spring Break. The garbage men have a huge load of stuff to pick up on Wednesday.
7. Shopping! I feel like shopping has become my life lately. They are all things I need, but mainly clothes. As a teacher, I dont really own summer work clothes. But in Brasilia it is an average high of 80 and low of 60 all year long, so I need to have enough summer clothes to last me 365 days!!!

Im on the downhill stretch friends. The next 4 months are going to either fly or drag. I hope they fly!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're ready for some visitors!! See you in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. summer for 365 days?!?! So jealous! Enjoy the rest of break- take it easy too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.