Monday, September 12, 2011

This blog contains material of a questionable nature, read at your own risk.

You can't say you haven't been warned!

A day or so after arriving here in Brazil, the exhaustion began wearing off a smidge, and I started to become more observant about my apartment. I noticed quickly that there was a hose in my bathroom. “Now, don’t get me wrong friends, it ain’t no normal hose, ya hear. It is like the hose/spray nozzle you find in your kitchen sink. “That is strange,” I thought, but after learning that in lieu of mops they use giant squeegees, I thought my question had been solved. I assumed that they sprayed the floor down and the squeegee the water into the drain on the floor.

So, as weeks went by I thought nothing of it until one day I walked into the bathroom at a local restaurant and noticed they had them as well. Huh, I thought, that is so weird, why would they have that when the floors here are real wood, it would make them warp. Then hit me like a bolt of lightening. Holy Moly, that ain’t for the floor, it’s for your booty! That is right, South America has their own version of a bidet! I couldn’t believe it! What I couldn’t believe more was that people would actually use a public hose bidet! Yikes!

Now, I understand that Brasilia has sewer issues and you can’t flush your TP,
but in my book this is taking it a wee bit to far. I mean a powerful spray nozzle is a little much and in my opinion if you are in that precarious of a situation, you should probably just hop in the shower, right? But, finding out these little gems is what makes living abroad so much fun. I mean what American would have come up with this solution, oh that’s right, I’m sure it would have been someone in the south! Haha!

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha! tell them there brazilians that down south we call that power washin' the puddin'!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.