Sunday, January 22, 2012

867-5309 I ain't sticking to a land line...

6 months, that is how long I lasted. 6 months with no cell phone, no serive, no torpedoes(Portuguese for text), nothing but a land line. To be honest, it really wasn't that bad either. There is something nice about not being tied to a phone. I had a land line and it was fine(mainly cause it was free) but knowing that it would cost me money as of February 1st, I had decided it was time to rejoin the world of folks with cellular devices. Leah, Angela, and I headed to Pier 21 to try to get a cell phone plan. When planning our big excursion the question was asked, "should we take someone with us?" cause you know sometimes we are like 8 year olds and need to take someone with us for protection and translations. haha. But, we deciided to put our big girl pants on and do it ourselves. We knew that next year, we will be on our own and the newbies will need help. So, there was no time like the present to figure this out. Plus, if it didnt work, we could have someone come back with us a different day. Everything went well. We got cell phone plans with data and torpedoing. Leah, even got her new Iphone 4S working here, which don't come out till Monday. In the end, it was so comforting to know that we can do this stuff now. And, I have the important stuff like facebook and google translate any time I need want it. :)

1 comment:

  1. We're happy and proud for what you and your friends did there... And be ready to send a lot of torpedos there, it's cheaper than talk on the phone!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.