Sunday, January 22, 2012

HGTV, Brasilia style.

When I first arrived in Brazil in July, I was thrust into meetings, and school work, and meetings. The last thing I had time to do was decorate my apartment. I bought a few things here and there but never really had time to make it my own. Quite simply it wasn't at the top of my list. When I came back to Brazil after break I came back a few days early. I had brought some stuff with me to help decorate but knew I would need more to get my apartment feeling like a casa. I ran to Leroy Merlin (which is kind of like the Brazilian love child of Target and Home Depot) who was luckily having a sale. I got rugs, candles, lamps, and plants. I lugged all of it back to Asa Sul(using my new cart) and got to work. I think it looks so much better and Im glad I was able to get it all organized before school starts tomorrow. Take a look!


The Den

The kitchen, I think that chalkboard has been everywhere from my college dorm to here. I'm amazed it is still around. Also, notice how tiny our kitchen trash cans are here. You take the garbage out all the time.

The guest bedroom. I moved my desk in there to get it out of the my bedroom.

I rearranged the furniture in my bedroom and...

When I was home I went to Paper, Rock, Scissors, and found cool paper that I framed. The sweet maintenance staff from EAB came over and put nails in the walls for some of the pictures. My walls are made of concrete, so if the command hooks don't work, you have to hang them with a nail (which is a lot more difficult.)

Although I think it is awesome, cause it really saves me on big shopping trips, it sometimes feels like I am one of the little ladies in Green Hills walking from the Teachers apartments to the Kroger.



The cutest accessory in my house.

Even my maid Maria, got in on the decorating. Im not sure if she realizes what this is, but it sure was worth a laugh when I got home on Friday. Oh, this is the second time she has put it here. Im thinking I need to hide it better. :)

3 comments:

  1. ohhhhh sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how many suitcases you brought back to Brazil on this trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3. Can't let customs get too suspicious, ya know?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.