Shopping is something I do well, probably too well if we are being completely honest here. It is a scary disease that to be honest I feel l got from both of my grandma's. I remember being a young girl and going into Dillard's to help Kay, my Mom's, Mother secretly pay off her charge card before it was sent to my Grandfather, the Colonel.
I've been making my list of things I need to take with me. It's pretty long, okay it is a mile long. The list ranges from Spices to Space Bags (to maximize my suitcase space) and everything in between. It is kind of like going to college. There are a lot of things that I cannot get in Brazil so you have to take it with you or have it shipped. Oh, and electronics, they have to be dual voltage.
On Saturday, I went to an impromptu lunch with my parents at the Yellow Porch(so good!). They told me we should go look at TJ Maxx so they could get me another suitcase like the ones I got for Christmas. From there we went to Cool Springs and got a comforter, alarm clock, umbrella, and space bags!!!! It was so exciting and so helpful. Finances are a huge worry for me with the move. The school does help with the move but the amount of things you need is kind of overwhelming. I really appreciate all that my parents do for me, this was just one of their many generous acts throughout my life. But, even though they say they know how much I appreciate it, Im not sure they do.
I still have plenty I need to get, mainly clothes. When you teach school, your summer wardrobe consists mainly of shorts and tops. Brasilia is about 70-85 degrees year round. So, I have to buy enough summer clothes to wear 365 days a year! Im sure my inner shopaholic is about to rear its ugly head! Watch out!
Thanks again Mom and Dad! I love you!
you are a sweet girl, katie! i kno mom and dad know how much you, blake, and i appreciate all they do for us and have done all these years!! love you
ReplyDelete