Thursday, March 3, 2011

Shock and Awe!

Well, today was kind of surreal. My kiddos sent in their guesses and surprisingly one of the them was correct. I also got a bunch of funny ones:

* You're engaged
* So unfair, give me a clue!
* You're going to the Olympics.
* You're going to Niagra Falls
* They all end in "o"
* You are going to see the US mens national soccer team play against the Paraguay mens soccer team on March 29th in Nashville.

When class started today, each class reacted the way I expected. You see each one of my classes has a different personality. 3rd period didn't believe me, 4th period was just kind of quiet, and 5th period had a ton of questions and was very concerned about keeping up with me. I also showed a video from 60 minutes about Brazil.



We all know that I wear my heart on my sleeve and lord knows I am more than happy to cry at the drop of a hat. So, I did get a little misty eyed today. It just kind of hit me. Page has been my home for the past 7 years, I won't be here next year. I won't see everyone on a daily basis. I won't be a teacher who is already known by parents. Im going to be a "Newbie." However, I also know that Im about to embark on something so life changing and it makes me so excited. I know this is my path, it is just sometimes hard to switch lanes. But, I wouldn't change my decision for the world.

3 comments:

  1. so proud of you sister. i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Students asked me today if I knew before you told them. I told them the truth, of course, and they all seemed really excited for you. :) I know I'M SUPER EXCITED for you but will miss you at Page next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're going to have such an adventure of a LIFEtime!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.