Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Brasilia Buddhist Festival.


As I said in my previous blog, last night we headed to the Buddhist festival with Gabriela and Leda. Never in a million years would I have ever guessed there would be a HUGE Buddhist temple in Asa Sul! After a minor detour in which Mateau, my portero (door man), told us that it was in trezentos e seis(306) we moved onto quadrant trezentos e dezeseis(316). The taxi driver was not to pleased but we got there no thanks to my good buddy Mateau!

The festival was neat. We ordered our food and made our way to pick it up. It kind of reminded me of that scene in Steel Magnolia's where they were at the Christmas festival getting their food. But, I digress. The festival was PACKED! And, it was an "eclectic" group to say the least. There were people dressed like anime characters and lots of "goth Brazilians" mixed in with all sorts of folks(including Gringas like myself).

In the back they had desserts and stuff they were selling. We also stumbled on a little flash mob. Check out the guy in the black and white jacket. He was so into it!


We even headed home on the metro last night. Brasilia honestly has the cleanest metro I've ever scene. I told my Dad, I would be okay eating off the floor. The sad part is, I'm not even kidding! Maybe that will need to do a blog entry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.