But it's not what you think. Evidently, Brazilians think I am so amazing they have given me a new name, Katie. Although it may look the same, believe you me, it is not! My name of course is pronounced, KT, like the two letters. Down here 't' makes a 'ch' sound. So, in Brazil, people call me Kaychee. Don't believe me, go to google translate and check out along with your own name.
It has become a sort of nickname of sorts even amongst my gringoes. It does sound a little bit cuter in my book too! On the Portuguese front all you need to know is its not going well. My doormen laugh at me, the people at restaurants give me quizzical looks and as you know I am becoming an expert in charades. Today, I did tell Marcelo, the copier at the school, that he knows he loves me. But that was with a lot of help from a Brazilian. :)

Kaychee, that was funny! As I told you before, since in BrasÃlia you can find people from all over Brazil, you'll notice that even your name will sound different depending the origin of the person that is talking to you!
ReplyDelete