Today as my kiddos were working on an assignment, I started hearing humming and within a few minutes three of them were singing the catchiest little song. Since everyone was still working I inquired about this little tune of theirs...what a mistake! It went a little something like this:
Me: What song are you singing, if it's in Portuguese you better stop cause I don't have the slightest idea what you are saying!
Student: Oh Miss! This is the best song (quickly they run to my desk(girls and boys mind you) and all I hear is)
Olha pra frente, pra frente
Cintura, cabeça tchu bira biron ..
Eu disse dancinha legal,
Todo mundo vai fazer ..
Ê nesse carnaval,
Você que vai descer ..
After I got them to stop dancing and head back to their seats they informed me it was big a song during carnival last year. It does have quite a catchy beat, I thought. So much so that I'm writing about this song 6 hours later and the song is still in my head(not the words of course, just the tune). So, I thought I would share it with you!
Several things about this video:
1. There is a lot of hip shakin and some bad dancin'.
2. The people who are dressed in blue are dressed like city janitors. All the janitors in the area of Brasilia where I live, wear almost the exact same outfit.
3. Ladies, there are men in speedos. Make sure to control yourself!
Enjoy!
wow,those are so fierce outfits!!!!!!
ReplyDeletewow. those outfits are so authentic. haha!
ReplyDeleteWell, it was a good introduction to Brazilian music from Bahia a.k.a. "pagode baiano", a variation from "axé music" (please don't mix with pagode made in other parts of the country like Rio de Janeiro for example). Big "axé music" hit makers are Ivete Sangalo, Claudia Leitte, Daniela Mercury, and dozens of bands you'll certainly hear about on the next months. I know you'll go visit Brazilian northeast during spring there and believe me, people will be already preparing for carnival (only on the next February) and you'll be introduced to new music and... Er... Choreography.
ReplyDelete