One of the topics that some of my teacher friends wanted to hear about was my new school. Since day one my school has been so helpful and everyone has been so kind. It has made the transition very easy. The school is celebrating it's 50th anniversary this year so it is an exciting time to be here.
The outside of the school. The guards who watch the gates are always so nice and friendly.
As you walk through the gates you enter a gorgeous courtyard. It is so pretty. The maintenance crew has been working really hard to get everything ready for the start of school.
The school has a really nice auditorium where we hold meetings and the drama dept puts on performances.
Brasilia has beautiful poinsettia trees right now. And, yes, the sky is always that blue.
My classroom. Out the back windows, you can see a large lake. The school has great views. :)
When I walk out the door of my classroom, this is what I see. Not a shabby way to spend my locker breaks.
In terms of class size my largest class is 22. Sorry teacher friends. :) And during PD week the school has given us a lot of time to work in our rooms to set up and plan. We have of course done a lot of professional development but I appreciate that they respect our time and provide that time for us.
We also got to eat in the canteen aka cafeteria for the first time yesterday. It was pretty awesome! There were no baked smiley faced fries, chicken fingers, or ketchup to be found! They make all the food fresh! They served a salad bar, lasagna, and meat. Lunch became my favorite meal of the day when I found out how long lunch actually is. I'm not going to tell you the amount of time but it rhymes with sour! haha!
So far school is great. The kiddos come on Thursday so I've got to finish getting my syllabus' done so they can get copied. :) Time to work!!!

Very nice pictures from your school... I'd say your former coworkers are jealous now!
ReplyDelete