Today, the newbies, and Dival, our fearless leader, headed downtown to the TV tower to attend the "Hippie fair." Now, the term is a little misleading and I'm not sure exactly where it came from but there were no hippies to be found. Sorry, Nancy! The hippie fair is held every Saturday and Sunday and people come to buy handmade (or so they say) from local trades people. The items sold range from unique necklaces and jewelry to rugs, furniture, and fake flowers(surprisingly, they were everywhere). We headed down this morning in the Komvey, the schools van, which looks like it is from the Dharma initiative (for all of you Lost fans). Komveys are VERY popular here too. We spent a couple of hours looking for items we needed and some that were just for fun!
The TV Tower, where Hippie Fair takes place.
Pretty beads
We stopped by here just cause it said they spoke English. No, seriously, we did.
Yes, this was for sale. No, I didn't by it...shocking!
At the hippie fair I was able to get a rug and lamp for my room. I also got a new bracelet. That is super cute!
While there several of us decided to head over to the TV Tower to check out the views from a little higher up! The views were very pretty and it was such a cool way to see the city.
The view to the capitol and congress. Kind of like the national mall in Washington DC.
The bottom of the tv tower.
The national park. In the distance you can see homes, and apartments. They seem to go on forever.
Home of the future world cup stadium in Brasilia. I took this one just for Danner!
The hippie fair from the top.
I need to get ready to meet friends for dinner at the Lebanese bar in the 205, so I need to get ready. Tchau Tchau friends!!


Extra! Good memories... A lot of wasted time in line, I'd say! They also own Pão de Açúcar, other grocery store famous in Brazil (but the prices are more expensive there). Nice pictures from the TV tower!
ReplyDelete