Friday, July 29, 2011

Brazilian time

It appears that although I am not running on Brazilian time (yet), the blog is. I know I promised a couple of blogs by Wednesday but it has been exciting and busy, so Friday it is. I know you guys have wanted to know how everything is going and what it's like here but honestly, I have no idea really where to begin so I think I'm just going to blog by topic for the next few days. So my friends, send me a message or email or facebook or comment and tell me what you want to know about and I'll make it one of my blog posts.
Here is a little somethin', somethin' to keep you kids up to date on the past week. It is hard to believe I've been here for a week and then again it doesn't. Last Friday we arrived at the airport. Just look at all this luggage! It is only the luggage of 3 people, we had 11 people. You can only imagine what we looked like.
We then headed to breakfast at Praline's in the 205. Now, for all you Southerners out there, it's not Praline's like the nut, it's sounds more like Praw-lah-nays. Nothing here sounds the way it looks. :)

We have had meetings, and dinners, and social time, and we, the newbies, have spent A LOT of time trying to figure things out. Be it school, or price conversions, or which restaurant is the best, or who is singing every night in Superquadra South 205, we have done everything together and I haven't had so much fun in a long time! We've been to Extra, the Brazilian version of Wal-Mart, where the employees wear roller skates, every restaurant in our neighborhood, and the federal police(no crimes were committed to warrant this trip...haha!). It has been a busy, busy, week and Im looking forward to having Sunday off just to relax. Here are some images of this week.
Outside the museum JK.

One of President Juscelino Kubitschek's sashes that he would wear on formal occasions. JK, helped to create Brasilia.

Would you like some Guarana? There are a lot of brands/types to chose from.

Waiting at the federal police, similar to the FBI, to get finger printed and sign documents. Luckily, our fearless leader, Dival (sounds like Gival), was there to help us out. We would have been lost this week without him.

Tomorrow we are heading to the hippie fair. I'll make sure to take some pictures!

1 comment:

  1. So many people at PolĂ­cia Federal... It reminds me at the Customs and Border Protection in Houston last year - except there was no TV.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.