Friday, July 22, 2011

We're here!

After a long, long, flight we have arrived in Brasilia! The flight to Atlanta was uneventful, the flight to Brasilia, not so much. On Wednesday, I gave Sophie the Benadryl just to make sure it worked on her. NOPE!!! It had the opposite effect, she went crazy. So on Thursday, we made an emergency vet call. I picked up the meds on the way to the airport and before you knew it we were in business...until we got to Atlanta. All the new teachers at my school met up and had dinner before boarding the plane. It was a nice way to get introduced. I'm not sure if it was the attention she wasn't getting or if she was hungry, but Sophie started this yelping whine, she didn't stop till we were 20 minutes from Brasilia. I take that back. As long as my hand was in her kennel, were good to go. So, I spent a good portion of the night bent over keeping her calm. The other half (aka 12-6am) she spent in my lap (in her kennel) to keep her quiet.
Once we arrived we made it through customs and Sophie made it through her immigration. The headmaster of the school, all of the administration, and school security were there to help us with all of our bags. While we went to breakfast, security took all of our bags back to our apartment. We had one meeting and then were able to spend the rest of the day relaxing at our new homes. It was nice to have some down time even if all I did was unpack. One of the highlights of arriving at my new pad was discovering that the school had gone ahead and gotten us internet, a wireless router, a local phone number, and a stocked fridge.
At 6:30 we all headed to dinner with the newbies, headmaster, and principals, to dinner at a wonderful Italian/pizza restaurant. It was delicious! At the end of the night I came home and got to finally chit chat with Mom and Dad on Ichat. It was long, tiring, great day. I'd write more but Im wiped out! Thanks for all the well wishes friends! Love and miss you all!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you made it safely and relatively uneventful. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made it safe and sound. Sorry Soph didn't like the trip, but she'll be okay. :) We're so excited for you, and BTW that is awesome they got you internet!!!! Our school was like "you can call..." and I thought, "I don't know freakin' Portuguese to call!" Beijos and abracos from TN...Leigh Anne & Marcelo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you made it safe... And I hope Sophie is felling better now. Have a nice weekend there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woooo hooooo!!!! such fun times ahead sister

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.