I have had several of you ask me about where I will be living in Brasilia. I thought I would share my new neighborhood with you, Asa Sul!
I love that even though it is a big city(near 4 million, it's the 4th largest city in Brazil) there are lots of green spaces and trees. You can see that apartments are in quadrants and within your quadrant are all sorts of restaurants, shops, and businesses.
My school, EAB, is also located in Asa Sul which should help out in terms of my commute. It is a 20 minute walk from my apartment to the school according to mapquest and since I'm going car-less in Brazil, the closer the better.

I love all the green! What a nice way to commute to school!
ReplyDeleteIt is! Im living in Quadrant SQS 205. What about you?
ReplyDeleteThat is what I have heard as well. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the area when you arrive. Have an enjoyable last few days in the states neighbor. :)
ReplyDeleteAll I know from Brasília is the bus station and the airport. I know it's a shame for a Brazilian citizen who doesn't know the capital of his own country, but the truth is I had few opportunities to visit over there... Every time I was in Brasília I was going somewhere else! The good thing is you're already making friends even before moving!
ReplyDeleteMarcelo, every time I see the bus station now, I will think of you. haha! However, Brazil's a big country, I can see why you would never really travel there. The only person I know who has been there is my aunt. However, it was in the 50's and 60's when she worked for Pan Am, and they were building it at that time. I hope I get to see you and Leigh Anne on the 16th.
ReplyDeleteWell, you went straight to the point: Brazil is really a big country and Brasília wasn't on my itinerary during the few trips I did in the past. But not going to know my own capital is a little disappointing. I bet your aunt had some unforgettable experience over there, because the city was literally build in the middle of nowhere in just a few years!
ReplyDelete